Mom has been doing pretty good today. She got another 'day pass' and was able to be home for most of the day. She said it was very nice to be home and she's really looking forward to Wednesday when she's home officially!
This whole experience with my mom has been full of ups and downs and in-betweens. It has forced me to reflect on the relationship that I have with mom. Going through the fear of driving to the hospital not knowing if she was going to live. Getting through the first few days in ICU. Going through surgery. The fact is, I was TERRIFIED! I might not have shown it, but I was scared that she wasn't going to make it. I was afraid that at 29 yrs old, I would have to say goodbye to my mom for good. As I've been thinking about it and going through the motions, I know that had that night turned out differently and she didn't make it, I would have been devastated. Our relationship means the world to me. I think about all that she is, and all that she has been - I'd say I have one amazing mom. She always answers the phone when I call. Invites us over for dinner on Sundays. Helps us when we move. Offers the babysit the kids. Listens to my concerns. Hugs me. Sends me cards when I'm feeling down. Always has a smile to offer. Knows just what to say. Isn't afraid to work out issues. Goes shopping with me. Asks my opinion. Has everyone over for family bbq's and Thanksgiving dinner. Serves others with her whole heart. Would give everything she has if it would help her family in any way. Isn't afraid to go out and get what she wants. Makes others feel good.
I could list her amazing qualities all night - but here's what I want you to do...
For those of you that don't know me well, I am a photographer & I want to give away a free family photo shoot. It can be you and your mom, your family, just your kids, whatever you want (up to 6 people). All I want you to do is write me a note or an essay or whatever on what your relationship is like with your mom/grandma. It can be good, bad, ugly, beautiful. It can be long or short. It can be whatever you feel like making it. Email it to me and I'll do a random drawing on Monday October 3rd at 11:59pm for the winner.
In your email, don't forget to add your email address and your phone number so I can contact you if you win. Spread the word to friends and family.
Relationships with our moms can be complicated. They can also be easy. I want to hear about yours!
what is your email address?
ReplyDelete