We just wheeled mom to surgery. She slept EXTREMELY well last night. She slept from 10:30 to just after midnight - got some meds, and slept from 2-7. Best night yet. We are very thankful that she was able to get all that rest. The body does amazing things with adequate amounts of sleep.
Already this morning she has seemed to be more aware of her pain, and aware of the situation. We are very optimistic that everything will go really well.
We took her in the elevator to the surgery floor and she got very nauseated. We sat with her while she showed us last nights dinner and helped her calm down. The anethesiologist came and got her some nausea meds which helped alot. The elevators here are really quick and always turn your tummy so I can only imagine how that must feel for her on pain pills and everything else.
Her back is really bothering her. Part of it is pelvis and the other is laying in these really great hospital beds for 3 days (ha ha!).
I can't even express to you the feeling of peace and comfort that we have felt this week. I truly have felt like the Lord is carrying us through it. I hope mom feels close to the same. I wish we could send every one of you a token of our appreciation. There are just no words - just know that we appreciate you and love you.
I'll update again as we get updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment