“There is a knowledge that our Father in Heaven wants each of us to have, and that is a personal knowledge that he hears and answers our prayers.” -Spencer W. Kimball

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday, Sept. 9

I think today was a much better day for her. This morning she had a little bit of therapy, but at the very beginning she got sick and barfed. The therapist said that was enough for today.

After that she had some friends from the school come by and give her about 500 cards that all the students had made for her. She misses the school sooooo badly! Later in the afternoon I went up with my daughter and Melanie (my sister) came up and we visited for a while in a patient lounge area they have. She sat in the wheelchair at 2 pm and we left at 7:30 and I'm not sure how much longer she was sitting.

She really seems to enjoy being up and being social. She's still tired, and I'm sure she will be for the next month or two still. Later on, some teachers from school came and saw her. She was so happy about that visit! I think it was good for her to see them and they really brightened her day.

She also got a visit from her brother and his wife. There were many positive moments for her today. I know there will be rough roads ahead, but today was nice. Enjoying her, seeing her smile, and socialize with friends and family, watching her love her grandkids.

I sure love that woman! I've always admired her every day, I witness MANY miracles on a daily basis come out of her -- she's amazing!!!

So...we are kinda gonna bend the rules from the nurse a little. We still think that smaller groups are best (probably no more than 4 or 5), but she's fine to visit for longer than 10 minutes. And we still ask you to call or text before visiting. She has multiple appointments during the days and there still will be moments when she needs rest or doesn't feel up to having visitors. Thank you so much -- to call or text - please use me: Celeste - 801-230-9876.

Thanks to those who visited today! That was the happiest I've seen her in the last 9 days. It means so much to us as family  that she has such amazing and supportive friends!

3 comments:

  1. It was so great to be able to come and see her. She is such an amazing woman! Love you, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste, I'm so happy to hear that Lisa is in a rehab facility. We have been keeping Lisa and family in our thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if you need my help. Loves to all. Elizabeth DeCaria and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy she is doing better. I really think of you often and I am glad the outcome was what it was and not so much worse, I never want anyone to experience what have gone through over the last month and a half, let alone someone I cherish as a friend. I pray for you all nightly and think of you often throughout the day. Keep close to the lord as he is the only one who can help you through the challenges that lie ahead, but I don't need to tell you that because you already knew it. But I know I need as many reminders as I can get.
    Love,
    Kacey

    ReplyDelete