“There is a knowledge that our Father in Heaven wants each of us to have, and that is a personal knowledge that he hears and answers our prayers.” -Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday, Sept. 20

I haven't updated the last few days. There hasn't been anything new, really. We've also been working on getting stuff together so we can move into their house this week.

On Saturday, they got a 'day pass' to get the heck out of there. Dad took her home for a few hours. She laid on her bed which was great for her. The bed she has at rehab isn't very comfy. It was nice to see her at home too. Then on Sunday, they got another 'day pass' and went for a ride through the canyon. Mom told me she enjoyed it, but was starting to feel a bit of pain so they headed back. Mom and dad are talking about maybe bringing her home next week...I personally think she needs at least another 2 weeks there just for the therapy, but ultimately she'll decide. I talked to her about that today for a minute and she kinda sounds like she might want to stay there too. We'll see. Everyday is different.

She is still asking for prayers. She has been extremely discouraged and frustrated. Almost every time I have gone up to be with her, she is feeling super sad. It breaks my heart that I can't say or do anything to help her feel better.

She is doing amazing in her therapy though. She can lift her right arm (the broken shoulder) all the way up and stretch it out above her head. I don't know where she whipped that out of, but it was awesome! She's still going strong in therapy. I'm so proud of her!

Even though this has been discouraging for her and for all of us, she still inspires me on so many levels. What a blessing it is to be able to call her mom! The night we were headed to the hospital, I was praying so hard that she would make it. The thought of losing her that night was devastating - I almost couldn't breathe, the pain was to much. I am grateful everyday that the Lord spared her life! And every single day when I go up to visit, I witness a new miracle! Life is precious - tell your kids/spouses/friends/family how much you love them - and do it as often as you can. Things can change in a split second - and regret is a horrible burden to bear.

Thank you all for everything you continue to do! Our family is more and more grateful everyday! We all send our love to you. We Love You! and We Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment