Many events today both good and bad.
This morning she got up and sat in a chair for a bit. Only long enough for her sheets to be changed. She was having a rough morning mentally.
When I got there a little after 1 pm, they were just getting her into a wheelchair so we could walk around with her. We have great views from our floor so we showed her some of them. She was wearing my sunglasses and later told me that she was kind of keeping her eyes closed. I think it was hard on her to see the outside world.
We got back into the room and after a while she just kept praying out loud, "Heavenly Father, I can't do this. Please help me." She was struggling a lot. She feels sad and discouraged. I kept reminding her that it is okay to feel that way. It's part of the grieving process and she can take as long as she wants to grieve. But no matter what - we'd be there for her. I reminded her of her little babies (the grandkids) and she had to keep going cuz they need their grandma! It was emotional for a little while. She was having such a hard time - Kyle was there for a little while before heading back up to Logan and so before he left, she had a blessing by him, dad, grandpa, and Ron. It was a sweet blessing and I felt comforted. I know it helped her too.
Later this evening she got up and I shuffled with her to go potty. I was so proud of her! Basically, I had to just give her a bear hug, lift her, and let her use me. She shuffled her feet a little - it was great! She's really getting anxious about the time-line for recovery. Wondering how much longer she will be at IMC, how long she'll be in rehab, how long she'll take to get home and all of that. We can't really give her any answers - but hopefully the trauma team will come in and re-evaluate her Tuesday morning and help us with those timelines and making decisions about her rehab.
My aunt brought up some little things that she could do. She is going to have my mom help her make baby/kid hats for shelters and stuff. It's one of those loop loom things. I think that will be good to give her something to do and to think about - and yet, in her worst moments of suffering she is laying in her bed serving others! What a remarkable woman! I know we all feel so blessed to have her as a part of our lives. No matter the role she has played for any of us - she's always been someone to look up to!
No comments:
Post a Comment