“There is a knowledge that our Father in Heaven wants each of us to have, and that is a personal knowledge that he hears and answers our prayers.” -Spencer W. Kimball

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Sept. 1

Today Lisa is still in and out. She seems to be a little more alert and coherent. She is alot more aware of her pain and seems to be feeling that more and more. They are trying to keep her comfortable and giving her meds about every 3 hours.

Our nurse today is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! She have been efficient and treats mom like a queen. I want to pay her 3x her wage to just move in with us for a while! ha ha ha.

She had another cat scan to check for bleeding and swelling and that came back normal. Neurologically, we are still not 100% sure, but everyone is positive that she'll make a full mental recovery.

The x-ray on her foot also showed no breakage. It is just severely sprained and bruised and will be a while before it recovers as well.

We have started a fast for her around noon. Her surgery is scheduled tomorrow in the morning and they think she'll be out around noon. They are going to repair the hip & shoulder at the same time.

All the nurses and dr.'s are saying that because of her good health, she will make a great recovery. We all know how important being healthy is to her, so it has played well in her favor.

Dad is doing okay. He hasn't had much sleep so he's home right now trying to rest. He was with her all night. She was starting to get really agitated and had a small conversation with him last night. She was starting to have a hard time coping, but they medicated her and she was able to get some good rest for the duration of the night.

If anything happens, I will be sure to come and post the info. I will also post tomorrow regarding the surgery.

I also just really can not thank you all enough for your love! We are so indebted to you - it may seem like you aren't doing much, but in all honesty we are truly feeling prayers from every direction. THANK YOU is just simply not enough!

3 comments:

  1. Celeste-
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll keep her (and the rest of your family) in my prayers that all will go well with her recovery and surgery.

    Love,
    Robbie (Holman) Andersen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for finding so many ways to keep us updated! Lisa is in my thoughts and prayers. I will be anxiously awaiting the surgery update tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Celeste. I know your mom through Gene Fullmer. I have taken seriously hundreds of her spin classes over the years. She is my hero! I am praying heavy-duty for her and for all of you.

    ReplyDelete